So today as I was studying the scriptures I decided to read a talk that coincided with the topic I was reading. It was a talk by Neal A. Maxwell called Lessons from Laman and Lemuel. Anyway as I was reading it a quote stood out to me. I wanted to share my quick thoughts on it.
" Easily riled and quick to complain, they could scarcely remember their last rescue long enough to meet their next difficulty."
The part that is highlighted is that part that stood out to me most. As I have reflected on the past year and half of my life I have thought a lot about what has gotten me through all of the trials that have come up. I also thought what gets anyone through the trials that arise in their lives. For sure it is faith, but added upon that I know for me I hold on to the last time I was "rescued" and know that if it be God's will, it will happen again. So often I think that we get so caught up in our difficulties that we fail to remember that God loves us, and he wants to help us. He has done it before and He will do it again. I know that God is a loving God, a God full of love, mercy and power beyond compare. He can sustain life, just as much as he can welcome home his children once they past from this life and give us comfort as He does so. We are never alone, and we are never past the point of rescue. I know I am not the only one who has things going on in life that wasn't "planned", but I also know that God's love and mercy and all saving grace isn't limited to just me. It is there for all, especially when we remember the times of rescue to help us with those times of difficulty.
Thanks for your thoughts today. I enjoyed meeting you at the reunion, and look forward to knowing you!
ReplyDelete