Today as I sat on the couch while my husband was making breakfast I started to make a list of things I needed to do whether it be today or this week. As I started to think about it, I also realized that a lot of the things I had been putting down on my list had been things I had put down multiple times this week. I then stopped to contemplate why I had felt like I had been so busy all week and yet my "to do" list stayed pretty close to the same. As I sat thinking about how I spent my time this week I realized that a lot of things had come up that I had not planned for. My week ( even though I scheduled it out) did not follow the schedule. There were people who needed me to do things for them, or things I felt that needed to happen. I then remembered this Mormon Message I had watched before. As I watched this message again I was reminded that the most important "to do" lists aren't the ones we make ourselves but rather the ones our Father in Heaven has in store for us. If we take the time to follow his promptings or act on the service we are presented with, then our days are never wasted and our lists seem less important. I know that others have stopped what they had planned on their to do lists to help me and they may never know how truly it has blessed and strengthened me. I know that if we plan our to do lists and don't get them done, but rather followed the promptings given to us, we will always have had a more profound and fulfilling day.
Please take the time to watch this video and realize, that you do so much more than you know. Never Know
No comments:
Post a Comment