Monday, March 2, 2015

Today is an Angel's Birthday

Today is an Angel's birthday. This angel was my brother and my best friend. Just under a year ago this angel became an angel in heaven . Rylan was always so happy and I can't imagine that that has changed any. He is spending this birthday serving the Lord.  Rylan taught me just how truly wonderful and strengthening service can be. Rylan performed service every day. He would sit and just listen as I would go and talk to him about pretty much anything. Even his radiant smile would brighten someone's day. He truly was an example of being in the service of your fellow man you are in the service of your God. He taught that when you serve someone, you come to truly love them. My love for Rylan is not only that of a sister or a family member, but of someone he served and was loved by. Rylan was my best friend. When I would go talk to him or if I was having a crazy day, I would go sit by him and he would grab my hand. We had a special signal to remind each other that we cared and loved each other. I would squeeze his hand and he would squeeze back. Even though he isn't physically here I can still feel him squeezing my hand and reminding me he cares. This life is not about us, so let's follow the example of my amazing brother and remember to serve someone is to love them.

So for his birthday this year I invite all of you to make this a day of service.

Video of Rylan's Life





These are pictures from Last year on Rylan's birthday, none of us knew then but it was a very special birthday.









This picture is just one of the many tender mercies the Lord has allowed me during this past year. After Rylan returned to his Father in Heaven, this picture appeared in the Ensign. None of us knew it had been taken or would be there, but it will forever be a blessing from the Lord. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello dear child of God. I am so blessed to come across your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am moved by what you have shared in your blog post about your brother. It is very touching and spiritlifing. It is a classic example of How even a short lived life can influence some one if we are in the Lord. Your brother Ryan though he is no more but he has left a legacy behind which we have to pass on to others to live a life which will build others in faith. Thank you so very much for this wonderful sharing. I am from Mumbai, India the other part of the world but the Lord has purpose in getting me know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am in the Pastoral ministry in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God willing I will be coming to States in the month of June and it will be my privilege if I get to meet you and your family just to let you know that how much you have encouraged and blessed me by sharing about Rayan's care and love for his sister and others.Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear child of God. I am so blessed to come across your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am moved by what you have shared in your blog post about your brother. It is very touching and spiritlifing. It is a classic example of How even a short lived life can influence some one if we are in the Lord. Your brother Ryan though he is no more but he has left a legacy behind which we have to pass on to others to live a life which will build others in faith. Thank you so very much for this wonderful sharing. I am from Mumbai, India the other part of the world but the Lord has purpose in getting me know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am in the Pastoral ministry in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God willing I will be coming to States in the month of June and it will be my privilege if I get to meet you and your family just to let you know that how much you have encouraged and blessed me by sharing about Rayan's care and love for his sister and others.Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete