Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Over flowing with gratitude

As many of you know the past year of my life has been full of transitions, and the past 6 months have been an adventure that I would have never expected. With all that being said and done, i must express all my love and gratitude for these experiences, the love of friends, and the truth and strength I receive daily. ( warning: this could get quite lengthy :)  )

Losing Rylan has been a hard thing for me as I am sure it has been for the rest of my family. I spent most of the summer having moments where I would look for him, or even be reminded of things he would do with me and then break down into tears. I would then be comforted by all the memories we have had and knowing that death is not the end. Then with all the unexpected things going on with my dad the past month or so, I have felt Rylan's spirit with me so very much. I have felt strength that I know is not my own and I know my Heavenly Father allowed me to feel Rylan's spirit and to be strengthened. Being able to be reminded of the simple things that can bring us each so much joy has been a wonderful experience. Rylan always enjoyed the simple things in life. He was always smiling and enjoying the craziness of our family. I know that I am the person I am because I was so blessed with an amazing older brother who continually strengthened me and helped me to become better.

Another wonderful strength I have had is my wonderful amazing family. My family has always been close, but the past little while we have grown so close and I have been taught so many wonderful things from their strength. I have the best younger siblings anyone could ask for. I have a sister who a mist all the craziness of life has dedicated her life to the Lord and has not looked back once. I have two younger siblings who have taught me so much and continue to be wonderful examples to me of doing what the Lord asks and knowing that He is in charge.

My mother and Father have been just the most amazing strength to me. No matter what is continually thrown their way they look forward to the future with faith. They have shown me just how strong and blessed a marriage is when the two people are living the gospel. My mom is such a powerhouse. She lives her day taking care of those around her and not just leaving it to only those in her room but also those who are in the same hospital as my dad. It never ceases to amaze me that each time I go to the Hospital she knows what is going on with so many of those patients and she knows them intimately not just their names or faces. My dad.... where to even begin. He is a fighter. He knows that God has a work for him to do and he is going to do it. He is strong and always wanting to push forward no matter what. He is so grateful for every little moment. My parents are my heroes and I want to be just like them.

I must thank all the extended family and friends who have lent so much love and support and prayers through all of this. I wish I could individually write out each person and let you know that your prayers, love and support have been felt so much. I know that for me personally I have felt strength from all of you. I know that the Lord has blessed me and my family with so many faithful people who have so freely given of their time, talents, abilities, love, and self to the benefit of my family. Words can not truly express how truly grateful I am for each and everyone of them. I also must thank some of the wonderful people that I have met in the hospital and through this whole thing :)

I need to thank my friends, the ones who have been by my side through thick and thin who have been by my side to do whatever was needed. I have friends who have brought drake and I dinner, have walked/run through the rain with me,  I have a wonderful friend who never ceased to uplift me and know that all I need was some good fun time making cookies or even just getting some good ole ice cream and talking. I have friends that I have known since well i say forever and other friends I have know since freshman year ( but it feels like forever) who have never stopped uplifting, supporting, and helping me know that I had people to lean on. I am so grateful for the friends that I have and who have been there with me through so very much.

Lastly but not least, I am so eternally grateful for my amazing husband Drake. I cannot even begin to describe the immense gratitude I have for the Lord to allow such an amazing wonderful terrific not to mention handsome man into my life. Drake is my rock. He has helped me to grow in ways that I never knew I needed. He has uplifted me to the greatest heights. He has laughed, cried, joked, comforted, protected, strengthened, and continually helped me to become more than I could on my own. He is the worlds best provider, husband, and my very bestest friend. We didn't know that when we got married a year ago what was before us but what I do know is the Lord knew that together we would be unstoppable. I can't even begin to imagine what things would be like without him right now or even ever. I love him with every part of my heart.

I do want to end with this... The Lord answers prayers. He knows us. He provides miracles. When we don't know why he comforts us and takes us to places we didn't even know we could go. He shows us that are so much stronger than we ever knew. He is merciful. He is loving. God knows and sees the bigger picture and for that I put my trust in his all knowing abilities. I know that God has never left my side but has continually carried me through all the trials that have been through the individuals mentioned and those that weren't specifically mentioned. I am so grateful for his endless love for me .. his daughter



THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment