Friday, June 24, 2016

A glimpse into the mind of God

So people say when you become a parent your whole live and view changes. I have found that to be true. I also have found there is more love that I could ever explain, more fears, tears and frustrations as well. But the greatest thing that has happened, that I wasn't ready for, is getting a glimpse of what it must be like for God as my parent.
 I have been blessed with an amazing little boy who brings so much joy into my life. He is active, curious, social, happy, and quite stubborn. If he doesn't want to do something he will fight you until he gets too tired to fight any more ( or he wins :) ) Over the past couple of months there have been alot of changes and things take place in our lives. Cole has done a fantastic job adapting. Also with Cole's stubbornness, he wants to grow up so fast. With that has come a couple of accidents. One of those was trying to sit himself up and take care of himself. However he was on our bed and went falling off. He is fine but I had to keep him awake to make sure he was okay. He was exhausted and did not want this. We had been working so hard to have him go down for naps and now I was keeping him awake when he was most tired. I could see in his face he was confused. He didn't understand why when he was trying to do what he had been taught that I was having him do the opposite. He didn't understand that I was trying to keep him safe and there was a bigger picture.
 In that moment and moments before and after that I realized there are plenty of times, especially in the last couple of weeks where I have been confused. I have felt like I was doing what I had been taught to do, and yet other things have gotten in the way. I realized that God has a bigger plan that he sees that I need to stop fighting. I am so grateful that being a parent has helped me in this way.







No comments:

Post a Comment