Saturday, January 19, 2013

The champions of my life

So I realized i have the greatest people in my life, especially my family. Okay let me rephrase that, i didn't realize this I just remembered it even more today. I got the wonderful opportunity to spend time with my family today and you know what?!!? THEY ARE AMAZING PEOPLE!  i know i know you think i am being biased, but i am not. ask anyone my family rocks. here are just a few examples so you all can realize just how truly blessed i am.

Selleka: She is just one of those people that i don't know how people can live without. She is such a smart intelligent individual. Just today she was telling me about parts of the body and different bones. I was amazing how truly great she is. I still see here as my little sister, but she is growing up to be a wonderful young lady. She constantly makes me laugh and always tells me what she is thinking.

syvanna: oh this lovely girl, where do i even begin. Syvanna is a beautiful girl as well and she is constantly thinking of me and how she can show her love for me. The other day she made cookies and i asked her to save me one. well needless to say they were all eaten so she made a new fresh batch of my favorite cookies and brought them to me. She is so good as making me laugh and always enlightening the situations i find myself in. She is also so very intelligent and persists every day to do her best.

Ryker: This boy is such a great little brother who knows how to take care of his sisters. He is such a gentleman but also knows when to get crazy. He is so strong and is so athletic. Today he had a basketball tournament. Thats great right? I find out it wasn't even his basketball team. Another team asked him to join and help them out for the weekend. He has never played with this team or practiced with them and yet he joined right in like he had been there all along. He did such a great job too i might add.

Rylan: Today i got to share a tender moment with my brother that i had missed. we were sitting in the car and he just grabbed my hand and squeezed it. Then he laid his head upon my shoulder. This may not seem like a big thing, but for any of you who have seen Saturdays Warriors, this is the way Rylan and I communicate. He grabs my hand and squeezes it and i respond with a squeeze. i have missed these moments. Each day he helps me see that life is so much more about others than myself.

My mom and Dad:  For as long as i can remember my parents have been champions in my life. they live each day doing the best they can. They are always working so hard to help their children ( myself especially) to know they are full of so much potential and can do so much good in the world. They always push us to do our best and strive to do a little better as well. Tonight when they were dropping me off at the frontrunner they saw a man standing in the cold waiting for the bus. So instead of saying the bus will get him they offered to take him home. That is how it has always been since i can remember; someone in need is always a priority. I am so grateful they have taught me this lesson.

so as you can see, these are just very small ways that my family are champions. If i wrote it all down, i would have pages to write about just one person. I am so grateful that families are eternal and that i have the family i have. They are such great examples to me. i love them all so much. they are such a huge blessing in my life!

1 comment:

  1. I love how much you love, girlie. What I wouldn't give to have a heart this big.

    ReplyDelete