Friday, September 14, 2012

What makes me happy.....

Okay so i was talking with a friend of mine and i asked him what i should write about next and he said" write about what makes you happy". So thats what i am doing. My only problem is, i have so many things that make me happy so i will do my best to not make this list too long!


So as i have been thinking about it, my family (extended and immediate)  makes me so happy! My family is truly just terrific! I love them so much and am so happy that we are such a close family. When i take time to think about it,some of  my best friends are my family members. They are always there to lift me up and help me become  better each and every day. I know that no matter what they will always be a phone call away for me to just call them.

My friends from Freshman Year make me happy. They are all spread out across the world right now, but looking back i had the best year ever because of them! i can't wait till all of us are back together! WE had so many fun activities. We would have "family" time where we would get together and play basketball or learn how to long board. I never had to worry about what i was going to do after homework because i knew i had people to spend time with. They allow me to be my best self.

My friend Kenzi Christensen makes me happy. She is also my roommate. She is so patient with me. She is such a great motivator for me. If i tell her i have a goal for myself she makes sure that i keep it. I couldn't ask for a better roommate to help me become my best.

My friend Chelsea Baker is another person that makes me happy. She is always someone i can talk to when i need to talk. She is so uplifting and positive. She also depends on me which makes me happy! She is going on a mission and can't wait to hear about all her adventures and the lives she will touch!

I have been blessed  by being surrounded by terrific people. Ben fisher, Channing Major, Kelsey Owen, Laura Guzman, Mike Olsen, Lauren Wilkins , and so many more have touched my life in so many ways. Each one of them has brought me great news at one point, or have taught me about the person i can become. They see the best in me and are always there to uplift me. As i look over my life, i realize that I am so very blessed with terrific people around me. There is not one person i have met in my life who hasn't taught me so much or hasn't shaped the person i have become. I am sure if you are reading this, i can guarantee that you have touched my life and changed it. I am forever blessed from knowing you.

My job makes me happy because i get to know the greatest people! I am so grateful for the job i have. The people i work with have become great friends. I know that i can go to work and get advice or just talk about whats on my mind. They give the greatest advice. They make each day of work so great and fun. i enjoy going to work day after day because of them.

Another thing that makes me happy is music. I LOVE MUSIC! There is something about being able to play an instrument, or dancing to express the feelings you have inside of you. I am not the best person at expressing exactly what is on my mind so to be able to play a song or dance to one to express it brings me great joy. There is so much joy and such an uplifting spirit i feel from music with a great message.

Okay last one, I love the gospel of Jesus christ. I can not fully express into word the happiness i feel because of the truths i know. When i have trials that arise, or just a hard day the scriptures and the knowledge of my savior brighten every thing. I know that my savior lives and loves me. I know that he atoned for me. That knowledge brings me so much joy and happiness. Knowing that my family gets to be together forever brings me joy. Knowing that God answers my prayers and is interested in the details in my life makes me happy.

Okay so as  you can see there are a lot of things that make me happy; trust me this list is not all. Thanks for taking the time to read this that also makes me happy.

challenge: make a list of the things that make you happy. There is so much to be happy for.



2 comments:

  1. Honey, YOU make me happy. Thank you for this. So uplifting! You are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad I read this tonight, because you inspire me to be better and remember all the things I have to be thankful for, too. Thanks for always being there

    ReplyDelete