I know this post is a little long but i hope that somewhere in this post
you are able to feel of the love that God has for you.
God answers prayers. I know this is something i have said oh so many times, but really, he does. This past week has been full of my Heavenly Father answering my prayers and allowing me to feel his love even more. With the news of missionary age changing and life events going on around me i found my self seeking for new living arrangements. If anyone remembers or follows this blog, i said earlier in the year that i knew that i was suppose to move in with the people i did and where i moved to. So of course i quickly wondered why i was suppose to if all those around me were taking off. But the why is not important for this post. But as i was wondering what my heavenly father wanted me to do i decided that i just needed to pray and continually pray for his guidance and direction. And of course he didn't just tell me what to do. He guided me and gave me options. I had a girl who i barely met but instantly click with ask me to live with her, i had a terrific wonderful lady who i have become such great friends with offer her apartment as my future home.. anyway the list could go on with the options i could have. The one idea that always stuck with me is that maybe it would be nice to just stay in my apartment and share it with one other person. I would get my own room , and still stay in the terrific ward which i LOVE so very much. I could stay and fulfill my calling which in and of itself has been a tremendous blessing. So of course i set off to find that knowing that if that was not what was going to be God's will then i would do what he wanted. I would ask different people what they thought, had a couple people say maybe, but it just didn't work out. I knew that i would continually pray for his will not my own will.
Then today after i had made a decision that felt good. A wonderful sweet, amazing sister in my ward approached me and told me a story that i wouldn't say is a very happy one to most, and yet she shined so much with just the light of Christ and the knowledge of the truthfulness of the plan that God has for us. Anyway after her story she let me know that she thinks that if at all possible, she would like to move in with me and we would share the one apartment. This woman just completely answered my prayers. I was so happy and filled with joy. She has already shown me so much courage and faith that i knew this would be a great thing. We didn't want to make any solid plans yet because we had to check some things out, but the fact is that my father in heaven knew the desire of my heart. After i let him know with sincerity that i was willing to put my will aside for his, then he let me know that my will was a good thing and that he wants me to be happy and he wants to grant me all the righteous desires of my heart.
This is only one of the stories i could write about how my heavenly father has granted me so very much this week. I don't always deserve all that he gives me, but i am so very blessed to say with such confidence that, my Heavenly Father loves me. He is in the details of my life and in the lives of those around me. He answers prayers. It may not be in our timing or way but the answers do come and they will bring more joy than we can imagine. I know that my Savior lives and that he died on the cross for each one of us. He suffered for all the pains, afflictions, sicknesses, trials, insecurities and things that we have faced and that we will face. I also know that he knows of our joys and desires of our hearts and he will be the greatest example to us and help us in our lives. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints is the true church upon the earth. If any of you doubt that or want to know how i know this please feel free to ask. I know there is a living prophet on the earth today that speaks on behalf of God and his name is Thomas Spencer Monson. I know that if we but show our willingness to God, he will bless us more than we will ever know.
In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment