Tuesday, October 9, 2012

oh the joy of simple living

Okay so this past weekend, i realized that i have filled my life with so much clutter. No that this clutter is all bad things, but we, well i know that i can live a simpler life and still live life to the fullest. We dont' need all the new technology, or the best clothes in order to have a great life. So often i take a look at my life and think, my life would be more adventurous if i ________. or look at that new phone i would like to have that. But lets be honest, technology is constantly upgrading and changing. There will always be something "new" and "better". So often it is so easy to say " I will be happy when _____  occurs". But if we are always waiting for something better to come along, or we are waiting for that ah ha moment then we are not enjoying the life we are living. If we are so fixed on future events we will miss all the wonderful things we already have. We need to enjoy all that we have even simplify if we need to. Our lives can still reach its fullest potential even living the simpliest life we have. I can promise that you can enjoy life without all the distractions and gadgets that this world has to offer. Try it and let me know how it goes :)

The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.  ~Hans Hofmann, Introduction to the Bootstrap, 1993

1 comment:

  1. I find myself guilty of this kind of thing. For example, lately I've been looking up at the mountain and seeing all the leaves with their colors. I think, "Those leaves are cool, but it would be better if I were up close," or "I wish the weather felt more like fall." But I'm not on the mountain! The weather isn't completely fall-like! And even if those things were the case, then I'd still wish for something else. I should just be happy for what there is!

    ReplyDelete